For His Glory

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

If I Had One Chance To Tell You Something

Rebecca St. James and Co. (Barlow Girl and Jadon Lavik) came to Fort Leonard Wood last night! It was an excellent concert. They have such a great opportunity for ministry and I was really impressed at how they use the event to usher people into worship.

At the end Rebecca encouraged those who made decisions of any sort to take this advice she had learned from people that passed on good solid advice to her and cling to it as they step forward (and I think it was a good reminder to all of us, whether we made "new" decisions or reaffirmed decisions in our hearts last night)

1. Get in the WORD (The Bible is our roadmap)
2. Get in PRAYER (Prayer is our connection to listen and talk to the Father through Jesus)
3. Meet some Christian friends and get ACCOUNTABLE
4. Get out the JUNK (Let the Holy Spirit do it's convicting work)
5. Get involved in a local CHRISTIAN ( and I would add Bible preaching, believing, etc.) church

Very simple yet profound things, if you think about it- Five key ingredients to follow hard after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I also wanted to share on the blog some scripture Rebecca shared with us from the Message version of the Bible.

http://www.biblegateway.com

Ephesians 3:14-21

14My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, 15this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. 16I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit--not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength-- 17that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, 18you'll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! 19Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.
20God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
21Glory to God in the church! Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus! Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

Yes, God, Glory to you through all millennia- May this generation rise up to give you Glory in all of our lives!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Mari Kate said…

    Lol -- I used to be this super-emotional person and then.... I don't know what happened, but I couldn't cry anymore. After I wrote that, I realized that I cried really hard roughly a month ago now. But, I had needed to cry many times in the time since then and I just couldn't. BUT, God did some amazing things which take too long to explain here, and I was able to cry again last Saturday. God is good! :-)

    I'm no longer involved with Campus Crusade on my campus. Also a long story.... My campus is catalytic (no staff person) and its more of a social gathering now than a place where you'll gain anything of spiritual significance. I decided just this week that I can no longer be involved because I'm a very spiritually sensitive person and I just sense a bad spirit about the group and every time I go, it attacks me and it's just a very bad thing for me. It's sad that I can't go anymore, but God is good. :-) He's given me my own ministry and that has been way more fulfilling than Campus Crusade has ever been for me. (That's saying a lot -- Campus Crusade was the beginning of a lot of amazing things in my life -- back in the day when we, as a group, actually liked God.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home